GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA
The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
Section 1. G.S. 105-278.1(b) is rewritten to read:
"(b) Real and personal property belonging to the State, counties, and municipalities is exempt from taxation."
Sec. 2. The first sentence of G.S. 105-285(c) is rewritten to read:
"The value, ownership, and place of taxation of inventories held and used in connection with the mercantile, manufacturing, producing, processing, or other business enterprise of a taxpayer who has a place of business in this State and whose fiscal year ends on a date other than December 31 shall be determined annually as of the ending date of the taxpayer's latest completed fiscal year."
Sec. 3. G.S. 105-313 is rewritten to read:
"§ 105-313. Report of property by multi-county business.–A taxpayer who is engaged in business in more than one county in this State and who owns real property or tangible personal property in connection with his multi-county business shall, upon the request of the Department of Revenue or the assessor of a county in which part of this business property is situated, file a report with the Department of Revenue stating, as of the dates specified in G.S. 105-285 of any year, the following information:
(1) The counties in this State in which the taxpayer's business property is situated;
(2) The taxpayer's investment, on a county by county basis, in his business property situated in this State, categorized as the Department of Revenue or the assessor may require; and
(3) The taxpayer's total investment in his business property situated in this State, categorized as the Department of Revenue or the assessor may require.
This report shall be subscribed and sworn to by the owner of the property. If the owner is a corporation, partnership, or unincorporated association, the report shall be subscribed and sworn to by a principal officer of the owner who has knowledge of the facts contained in the report."
Sec. 4. Article 29 of Chapter 105 is amended as follows:
(1) by recodifying G.S. 105-387 through G.S. 105-392 as G.S. 47-108.21 through G.S. 47-108.26 of Article 4 of Chapter 47 of the General Statutes; and
(2) by repealing G.S. 105-393.
Sec. 5. Article 30 of Chapter 105 of the General Statutes is amended by adding a new section to read:
"§ 105-396. Applicable date when due date falls on weekend or holiday.–When the last day for doing an act required or permitted by this Subchapter falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, the act is considered to be done within the prescribed time limit if it is done on the next business day."
Sec. 6. G.S. 105-275(16) is amended as follows:
(1) by deleting the phrases "Household personal" and "household personal" and substituting the phrases "Non-business" and "non-business" respectively; and
(2) by deleting the phrase "boats, or airplanes" and substituting the phrase "aircraft, watercraft, or engines for watercraft".
Sec. 7. G.S. 160A-304(a) is amended in the second sentence by inserting the following language between the word "city" and the period to read:
"; provided, however, that the license or permit fee for taxicab drivers shall not exceed fifteen dollars ($15.00)".
Sec. 8. This act is effective upon ratification.
In the General Assembly read three times and ratified this the 12th day of August, 1987.